Applying is Easy!
Visiting a BNI chapter is the first step in finding your new referral partners.
Prospective members may attend up to two meetings as a visitor. After that time, an application and payment will be required to visit.
Once you have applied, the Chapter Membership Commitee will schedule an interview. We encourage you to consistently attend chapter meetings until the membership committee has reached their decision. Doing so will help you build relationships and show the chapter your level of commitment to a BNI membership!
Find a chapter to visit here
Need help arranging a visit? Contact our BNI Regional Office
|Senior Director Consultant
What To Expect
To help you get the most out of your first BNI meeting, here are some things to know before you go:
- Be Prepared: Visit a chapter prepared to talk about your business. Members are interested in getting to know how connections with visitors can be mutually beneficial. Don't forget to bring your business cards!
- Meetings: As a visitor, you can attend a chapter meeting twice. Remember to use this time to get to know the chapter personality and its members, not to promote your business. Meetings are high energy and run according to a structured agenda. They last 90 minutes with time for additional networking before and after each meeting. Plan to arrive about 15 minutes early so you don't miss any opportunities for networking.
- You're the Expert: Only one person from each professional specialty is allowed to join a chapter of BNI, eliminating the possibility of competition among our members. When you join a chapter, you are the sole representative of your specialized field and can develop relationships with others in the chapter as the go-to person for your services.
- Respect Your Craft: The businesses our members represent are their primary occupations, ensuring they can position themselves as resources and experts in their field.
Code of Ethics
BNI operates on the ‘Givers Gain’ philosophy, which is about trust, commitment, and accountability. Members are expected to uphold the following BNI universal Code of Ethics:
- I will provide the quality of service at the prices that I have quoted.
- I will be truthful with the members and their referrals.
- I will build goodwill and trust among members and their referrals.
- I will take responsibility for following up on the referrals I receive.
- I will display a positive and supportive attitude.
- I will live up to the ethical standards of my profession.
- Note: Professional standards outlined in a formal code of conduct for any profession supersede the above standards.